Related Link: Full Match Schedule of Pepsi IPL 2015
The Pepsi Indian Premier League 2015 which is going to be the eight edition of the cash rich T20 league is all set to begin from April 8th. This eight edition will feature the same number of teams and matches like in the Pepsi IPL 2014 i.e. IPL 7. There was huge controversy ahead of IPL 8 with spot-fixing and betting scandals in the previous edition taking the league to the Supreme Court. There were speculations that the Chennai Super Kings and the Rajasthan Royals were going to be terminated. However, IPL got away to live for one more year atleast thanks to the apex court verdict. Whether IPL 8 will remain free of any controversy will have to be seen in the next couple of months.
The Live TV Coverage of Pepsi IPL 2015 will be on Sony Set Max like always.
Well a total of eight teams will be featuring in IPL 8 and they are:
- Chennai Super Kings
- Delhi Daredevils
- Kings XI Punjab
- Kolkata Knight Riders
- Mumbai Indians
- Rajasthan Royals
- Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Sunrisers Hyderabad
Coming to the format of Pepsi IPL 2015, the eight teams play each other twice – home and away. The top four of the eight teams at the end of the double round robin enter the Playoff stage. Like the previous edition, the first and the second placed teams will have a maximum of two opportunities to qualify for the final of the IPL.
A total number of 60 matches will be played in this edition of the Indian Premier League. The opening match of Pepsi IPL 2015 is scheduled to be played between defending champions Kolkata Knight Riders and Mumbai Indians at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata on April 8th. The match will start at 8:00 pm IST. The final of Pepsi IPL 2015 will also be played at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata and is scheduled at 8:00 pm IST on May 24th.
This IPL will see a change with quite a lot of players changing franchises. So once again it will be hard work for the cricket fans to keep track of which team their favourite star is going to play for. Loyalties could change for some fans who favour a team based on its players. Overall it could take some time before the fans get used to IPL 8.
Whether this edition of the IPL will continue to sustain the success of the earlier editions remain to be seen. The tournament begins just about 10 days or so after the mega ICC World Cup 2015 event. Also it will be a big test for the Indian Premier League after its image had been battered badly because of the spot-fixing, match-fixing and betting scandals that came to light last year.
A dozen venues have been selected to host the Pepsi IPL 2015 and they are as follows:
- Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad (Home Ground for Rajasthan Royals)
- M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru (Home Ground for Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai (Home Ground for Chennai Super Kings)
- Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi (Home Ground for Delhi Daredevils)
- Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Hyderabad (Home Ground for Sunrisers Hyderabad)
- Eden Gardens, Kolkata (Home Ground for Kolkata Knight Riders)
- Kings XI Punjab, Mohali (Home Ground for Kings XI Punjab)
- Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai (Home Ground for Mumbai Indians)
- Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai (Home Ground for Rajasthan Royals)
- Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune (Home Ground for Kings XI Punjab)
- Raipur International Cricket Stadium, Raipur (Home Ground for Delhi Daredevils)
- Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Vishakhapatnam (Home Ground for Sunrisers Hyderabad)